With the increasing popularity of going digital, it is no surprise that insurance providers offer policies online in just a few clicks. Like any other industry, the insurance industry has seen tremendous growth and now allows consumers to choose between offline and online insurance plans.
Buying a term insurance plan is crucial and requires proper thought and consideration before purchasing. Whether you choose to buy online by comparing different policies using a term insurance calculator and other tools or visit the insurance provider in person to know your options, each has its own set of pros and cons.
In this blog, let us dig deeper into the benefits of these two options.
Benefits of Online Term Insurance Plans
- High Convenience: When you opt for online term insurance plans, you benefit from the convenience of sitting at home, researching, choosing, and purchasing an insurance policy as per requirements. You can compare different term policies, calculate estimated premiums, and then decide.
- Better Transparency: There is little hesitation in purchasing anything online. However, the availability of detailed terms and conditions and a list of requirements for the potential policyholders to read before purchase offers better transparency than offline documentation support.
- Quicker Procedure: With the elimination of multiple intermediaries, and agents, the process of choosing an insurance policy and filling out an application for the same is relatively quicker. Additionally, there is less paperwork and a better response rate.
- Economical: Unlike offline plans with multiple intermediaries, online term insurance plans are more economical as they have no hidden agent fees or overhead expenses.
You May Like to Read: How to Have a 1.5 Cr Life Cover with Less than 15,000?
Benefits of Offline Term Insurance Plans
- Personalised Support: Offline insurance plans allow you to benefit from direct face-to-face conversations with insurance providers or agents. These in-person conversations provide better clarity for the potential policyholders and can help resolve any query or doubt on the spot.
- Documentation Support: For anyone not too keen on trusting the online option or uncomfortable with technology, offline term insurance plans offer better documentation support via personal agents.
- Better Feedback: Communication for insurance plans is better face-to-face for some people as it allows deeper conversations regarding the multiple benefits, features, and available riders. This in-person conversation allows you to raise doubts and queries for instant support and customise the insurance plan as per your needs.
You May Like to Read: 2 Types of Life Insurance to be Aware of
Which One to Choose- Online or Offline?
The choice between online or offline term insurance plans is based on one crucial differentiating factor: the complexity of the complete purchase process. When buying online, the time taken for the entire process from the search to purchase is less than offline by a stark difference.
The online process only requires filing an application, comparing the options, choosing the preferred quote, entering the necessary details, and then paying the premium. Today, people are more inclined towards convenience, so online term insurance plans score over offline plans.
You can still choose offline if you require the personal touch and a trusting relationship with the insurance agent. However, if you are looking for comfort, enjoy the simple process of buying term insurance plans online at a lower premium.
Both online and offline purchase options for term insurance plans have their benefits, and selecting one of them depends on your preference. However, whether online or offline, investing in the correct term insurance plan for yourself and your family is essential. Understand the critical differences between these modes, then pick the one that fits you better.
You May Like to Read: How You Can Get a Life Cover and Still Grow Your Money